Personal Information Needed
- Non-Member Activity. As a non-member users can participate in polls without having to open a YouPolls Account.
- Member Account Activity. Member activities on YouPolls including posting polls, posting comments, polling, and rating, require you to sign up to YouPolls and become a member of the community. As part of our effort to maintain privacy we ask for some limited personal information when you create a YouPolls Account. This information includes an email address, user name, and a password which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A YouPolls Account allows you to become part of the YouPolls community and enjoy interaction between other members.
- Member Content Posted to YouPolls Site. Any information content that you post to YouPolls, including (polls, comments, pictures, and other information you post) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
Purpose of Information
- All personal identifiable information collected through the process of opening a member account with YouPolls is use solely to operate, maintain, and provide users the features and functionality of YouPolls.
- As part of our effort to maintain anonymity to our members, your created user name and not your email address is displayed to the YouPolls community when you post poll issues or interact within the community. Needless to say any information that you submit to the YouPolls may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- YouPolls will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major YouPolls Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- YouPolls uses both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, analytics data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the YouPolls Sites and to create new features, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- In the event you decline to submit personally identifiable information to YouPolls, a non-member will still have the opportunity to view and participate in polling the issues, but YouPolls may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced YouPolls features require that you become a member. The privacy notices herein governs the use of your personal information associated with them.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information at any time by visiting My Account.
Updated: July 1, 2007