Be Honest and Don't Cross the Line
Common-sense rulesSimple and to the point, please follow these rules:
- YouPolls is not for pornography or sexually explicit content web site. If this in any way describes your content, don't post it on YouPolls. Also, be advised that we will report to law enforcement any content that we feel is illegal.
- Don't post content showing dangerous or illegal acts, animal abuse, drug abuse, or teaching anything illegal.
- If your content is violent in nature, rest assured it is not allowed. If your content or images show someone getting hurt, attacked, or degrading, don't post it on YouPolls.
- Keep your content clean leave the profanity and other unworthy content out of YouPolls. YouPolls is not intended to be a shock site. Don't post gross material, pictures, content to YouPolls.
- Be mindful and respect of copyright laws. Read our Copyright Notice for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view, because that's what YouPolls is all about. But we don't permit hate speech which contains slurs or the malicious use of stereotypes intended to attack or demean a particular gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or nationality. Our community has no tolerance for intolerance, so no defamatory, racist, sexist or homophobic talk. This includes threats of violence, sexual assault, or any kind of threats against any one. Offenders will be banned forever from YouPolls. Live and let live.
- In addition our community has zero tolerance for predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from YouPolls.
- We strongly advise to be honest and never try to cheat the system. No gamed thumbnails, spamming tags, or creating dummy accounts or any other creative cheating. Be Honest and respectful of others. Do not attempt to spread viruses, use the system to send spam, or use the system for purposes other than what it is intended for, as you will be banned from YouPolls.
Submission Rules & GuidelinesThese rules and guidelines exist to keep YouPolls as a clean environment & free of unwanted content for the general community. So here it is, very simple; enjoy your communities' thoughts, idea, opinion, perspectives, view, etc. Again live and let live.
- Avoid Duplicates. Before you submit a poll please check to see the existing content. There is no reason to have double content. Your poll can be worded in many different ways and can have many different references. So before you publish a poll to YouPolls, please do your homework and be a valued member.
- Poll Layout. Before you submit your polls and issues we recommend you tryout the site to get a general feel to it. Take notice how things are laid out. Browsing the site and using its functionality will make you a better poll publisher. The poll is not intended to be a site to host lengthy content, but for the purpose of referencing information to learn, educate, converse, and share issues within a community.
- Keep it Clean. We're not here to police the site, but the intent of this community is to serve as a general community for all ages. This means we will not allow sexually explicit content on YouPolls site.
- Successful Polls: Dress up your polls with catchy titles, descriptions, thumbnails/images, and thought provocative questions that attract users to participate and share.
- Descriptive Titles: Packaging your poll with a descriptive a title. Many people don't have time to read everything, so think of your title as a method of drawing user in to your issues.
- Teaser Descriptions: Please do not copy material in it's entirety from other places and paste, be genuine and describe it as best as you can with your own words, change it up. Again this is a description of what the issue is, so keep it relatively concise and reference your material and give credit where it is due.
- Referencing & Giving credit where it's due. YouPolls is built around the idea of testing and 'Feeling the Pulse' on any issue, so when ever you use information that is not yours please make sure you reference the content that you've include from other places.
- An Image is worth a 1000 words: Pick an image that is relevant to your poll. Let it be as relevant as possible to your issue and polls. But again make sure it's clean and legal.
- Pick the right categories. If your poll happens to fit more than one category, choose the one that applies the most.
- Do not use YouPolls to post private information. At YouPolls, we respect privacy, and that includes the privacy of everyone. Please do not use the last names, email addresses, telephone numbers, or any information that could be harmful in any way.
- Quality Matters: Yes quality, like many other products and services it matters. So if you truly want to get positive feedback... Do it right...